Hardwood flooring is a good investment, but that doesn’t mean it is invincible. Although it is strong and durable, from time to time, you may find yourself making repairs to your floors to keep them in good condition. When faced with these repairs, you may feel frustrated and alone, but there are many people with hardwood floors who have had to deal with the exact same problems.
Here are some of the common reasons why people need hardwood floor repair in Milwaukee, WI:
- Splits: A split in your hardwood can make you feel a little insecure about your home and its condition. For this specific repair, you can either repair the spot where the split is located, or remove and replace the plank. Splits develop overtime, so your floor may just be nearing the end of its lifespan. Replacing the entire floor may not be something that needs to be done immediately, but you may want to prepare for this possibility.
- Warped flooring: Similar to how moisture can cause gaps, it can also cause your flooring to become warped or start to sag. The difference is that there may be a higher amount of moisture present, and the problem is one that should be addressed sooner, rather than waiting for it to correct itself. This could actually be indicative of another problem in the home that you have yet to uncover.
- Gaps: Gaps are another hardwood flooring problem that develops over time. You may not see them when you first get your floor installed, but after a few years, things may change. Gaps are caused by the constant expansion and shrinkage of the planks due to the dryness and humidity of the air. Depending on the season and the size of the gaps, they may go away on their own. However, some gaps will need the attention of a professional.
- Scratches: There are going to be various activities going on in your home, and your floor will show signs of this. There are pets, children and much more that can cause scratches, so be prepared. Even if you try to avoid them, you can’t always be there to make sure other people are being careful. Some scratches are an easy fix, but others will require the help of a professional.
- Loose planks: Your floor planks can sometimes become loose as a result of wear, poor installation and more. If this happens, you need the planks to stop moving and stay in place, or else someone could get hurt, and you’ll also hear any annoying sound whenever someone steps on the loose planks. At this point, you can have the planks tied down or the floor reinstalled and this will take care of the loose boards and ensure others do not become loose.
Like your car, your floors need to be maintained and properly cared for if you want them to last. If something goes wrong, it is best to address the issue right away, rather than wait for things to get worse. Regardless of the repairs that need to be made to hardwood floors, they are still a great investment.
Do you need hardwood floor repair in Milwaukee, WI? You can reach out to the professionals at SNR First Rate Floors for assistance.
Categorised in: Floor Repair
This post was written by Writer