Hardwood flooring can make practically any home look better; wood floors are natural, beautiful, and elegant. Unfortunately, retaining hardwood floors’ beauty can be difficult. Hardwood floors require more care than other types of flooring, such as laminate, tile or carpeting. If they’re not properly cared for, homeowners can end up spending an arm and a leg paying for wood floor repair in Milwaukee, WI. Here are a few easy things you can do to save money and avoid having to call a specialist to repair your floors:
- Trim your pet’s nails: Unless you have allergies, it’s great having pets around the house. The only problem is that your furry friends tend to scratch the floors when they’re nails get too long. Trim Fido’s nails whenever you hear them clicking around the house. Even though they’re small, a pet’s nails can do quite a bit of damage to hardwood floors. If you have cats, you may want to consider buying a scratching post so they aren’t tempted to scratch their claws on your wood floors.
- Don’t wear high heels inside: High heel shoes look great, but they shouldn’t be worn inside if you have hardwood floors. The pointy heels can put small dents in your wood floors that will eventually make your floors look really shoddy. Too many dents will certainly require repair or total replacement.
- Clean quickly and often: Cleanliness is next to godliness, as they say, and this is especially the case when it comes to hardwood flooring. Quickly cleaning up any spills will greatly extend your floor’s lifespan and prevent the need for wood floor repair in Milwaukee, WI. Sticky liquids like juice and soda should be quickly wiped up with a damp towel, and then dried with a microfiber cloth to prevent any future damage from the liquid. Get in the habit of fully cleaning your wood floors with a wood-friendly cleaner every week or so. Totally cleaning your floors will help them look great and last longer.
- Buy some rugs: Laying down rugs on your hardwood floors can drastically decrease the amount of dirt, debris and spills that end up on your wood floors. As a bonus, most rugs add a lot of character to a room! Take a trip to a local home goods store and pick up some rugs that will look great in your home.
- Refinish your floors: Regardless of how well you take care of them, wood floors need to be refinished every decade or so in order to keep them looking their best. Give SNR First Rate Floors a call to learn about all of our refinishing services. We have years of experience refinishing all sorts of wood floors, so you can rest assured that our team will do a great job.
Following these simple guidelines is an easy way to prevent big damage to your hardwood floors. But if something bad happens to your flooring further down the road, give SNR First Rate Floors a call for wood floor repair in Milwaukee, WI. We have years of experience repairing all sorts of problems, and look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Floor Repair
This post was written by Writer