Homeowners with wood floors know all of the flooring material’s great advantages. They also probably know about wood’s biggest downfall, which is that it needs to be refinished every couple of years if you want it to keep looking good. Here are a few of the things we think you should know about hardwood floor refinishing in Milwaukee, WI:
- It should be done by professionals: The first thing to know about refinishing your hardwood floors is the fact that you shouldn’t try to do it alone. Refinishing hardwood floors is time consuming, dangerous and difficult if you don’t know what you’re doing. Even the biggest do-it-yourselfers have trouble when refinishing hardwood floors. It takes years of experience in the business to get the process down pat.
- Steps you can take before we arrive: Even though we’ll handle all of the hard work, there are a few things you can do to prepare for our arrival. Try to move all of your furniture off of your wood floors before we arrive for hardwood floor refinishing in Milwaukee, WI. Our professionals can move anything that’s too heavy for you, but refinishing can take a while, and anything you can do without us can really speed up the process. It’s important to seal off any rooms that don’t have hardwood floors with plastic sheets. There will be tons of dust, and the last thing you want is sawdust floating throughout your home—especially in carpeted rooms. Again, we can do this for you, but it’s a fairly simple task that many homeowners can do by themselves.
- How to choose a company: There are tons of companies in our area that offer wood floor refinishing services. However, all companies aren’t created equal. Different companies charge more or less for their services. But cost shouldn’t be the only thing you look at when you’re shopping around for a company. Take a look at their reviews online, and how long they’ve been in the business. Ensure you’re hiring a company that’s fully licensed and insured.
- The cost: The national average cost to refinish floors is anywhere between $1.25 and $4 per square foot. As mentioned above, different companies charge different amounts to refinish your floors. Like many services, there are other factors that go into the cost. A few of the most important factors that affect price include the type of wood that’s being refinished, and the type of stain the company uses. You can rest assured that we offer the best prices for our services!
- The importance: Refinishing your floor isn’t just vital for ensuring your floors look great—it’s important to refinish them to guarantee they last as long as possible. The National Wood Flooring Association states that floors that are well taken care of and refinished every 10 to 20 years can last for many decades before they need to be totally replaced. Refinishing your floors before you sell your house is critical if you want to get the most money possible for your home. After all, every potential buyer wants a house with great-looking floors!
Give SNR First Rate Floors a call today to learn more about hardwood floor refinishing in Milwaukee, WI and the rest of our exceptional services.
Categorised in: Hardwood Refinishing
This post was written by Writer