We may be a bit biased, but we firmly believe hardwood is your best bet for flooring. Among their many advantages, hardwood floors are timeless, beautiful, long lasting and unique. The one downside of hardwood is that it needs love and care to look beautiful. Thankfully, hardwood refinishing in Milwaukee, WI isn’t something that needs to be done on a regular basis, and there are some signs that they need to be refinished, so you shouldn’t find yourself too surprised when the time comes. Continue reading to find out more about refinishing, and when it needs to be done:
- They’re scratched: Regardless of how careful you think you’re being, scratches on your hardwood floors are bound to happen over time. Items falling to the floor and small scratches from your pets’ claws are unavoidable. Most of these scratches are difficult (or even impossible) to notice unless you’re actually looking for them. But after a while, these scratches are impossible to miss and will need to be handled by a professional. Our refinishing services will get rid of these scratches and give new life to your beautiful floors. If you’re concerned about scratches, give us a call and ask about our small-scale repair services.
- They’re warped: Extreme water damage to your hardwood floors is a surefire way to find yourself with warped floors. But even standard humidity in the air can lead to warping over a period of time. If you notice any signs of warped floors, you need to call us immediately for refinishing or repair services. The problem will only get worse and will lead to more extensive and expensive repairs the longer you wait.
- They’re old: Even if you haven’t noticed any warping or bad scratches, your hardwood floors will need to be refinished every 10 to 15 years. In addition to beautifying your floors, our refinishing services will ensure that they last for 15 more years without needing major repairs.
If you’re looking to avoid having to refinish your hardwood floors, there are some preventative steps you can take to preserve their condition:
- Take off your shoes: A leading cause of scratches comes from people wearing their shoes inside your house. People’s shoes track in dirt and dust, which causes tiny scratches. Ask guests to remove their shoes to minimize the chance of scratches and reduce the subsequent need for refinishing.
- Lay down rugs: You can help extend the life of your hardwood floors by purchasing some area rugs. A rug can do wonders to protect your floors from spills, scratches and dirt. Additionally, rugs look beautiful and can add a lot of character to your living space.
- Keep your floors clean: Properly cleaning your hardwood floors is crucial if you want them to look great and last for years and years. You should mop them yourself and also hire a service for professional cleaning at least once a year to prevent scratches and keep their beautiful appearance.
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs, it’s time to give SNR First Rate Floors a call for hardwood refinishing in Milwaukee, WI. We can provide you with a free estimate for our refinishing services, and we’re happy to answer any lingering questions you may have regarding the current status of your floors.
Categorised in: Hardwood Refinishing
This post was written by Writer